Georgia Public Broadcasting has an immediate opportunity for teachers to help build Georgia's learning communities. GPB and PBS TeacherLine, an online professional development program for educators, are looking for qualified Georgia teachers with Master's Degrees in Math, Language Arts and Technology to facilitate online courses - and earn $1000 for it.
Are you interested in becoming a GPB TeacherLine Facilitator? Here's what you need to know before you sign up:
- TeacherLine facilitator trainees participate in a comprehensive three-step training program, which offers them different perspectives, helpful resources and unique methods for facilitating courses.
- All potential facilitators must attend a face-to-face one-day workshop, which will take place in Georgia and in some cases by phone. Goals of the Workshop are:
- Meet other facilitators trainees from Georgia
- Become familiar with the TeacherLine program and its components
- Address navigation and usability issues within:
- TeacherLine Web site
- TeacherLine courses and Blackboard software
- Begin discussion of online learning and facilitation
- Upon completion of the Orientation Workshop, facilitator candidates enroll in the six-week Online Facilitator Training (OFT) course where you will work with an experienced online facilitator trainer to learn more about online facilitation. Goals of the course:
- You will be able to explain, interpret and apply strategies for initiating and supporting the development of an online community, and for delivering content online.
- You will invest 5-7 hours per week for 6 weeks in this course.
- The OFT is based on the Concord e-Learning model. For more information please visit www.concord.org.
- Facilitator support does not end after the six-week course. You can participate in a support course made just for you- the Facilitators United Network (FUN) course. Facilitators can go to the FUN for ongoing support, resources, new ideas and discussions, how-to tips, a Mentoring program for newly trained graduates, an annual online event, and newsletters with updates from PBS TeacherLine.
To register for the next Online Facilitator Training and start earning money for helping your fellow teachers, contact Monica Thornton at 404-685-2418 or firstname.lastname@example.org