GPB Education's TIE Network "kicked off the school year with technology" in Augusta on Monday, September 24 with a successful football-themed event! Members of the TIE Network from the Department of Education, Columbia County, Glascock County, the NSC ETTC and the First District ETTC were all in attendance.
During the event, members were shown all of the great features of the TIE website, PowerPoint presentations with a dash of animation tricks, and all of the cool Google resources (Google Earth, Google Docs, Picasa). Members also received a great presentation by Jeff Giddens, TIE Network advisory board leader from the First District ETTC, on how to edit audio files using Audacity.
"At the end of the day, we uploaded projects to the TIE Network Resource Center and we agreed that time flew while we were having fun," said Katherine Aiken, TIE Network Manager.
This engaging event is just one of the many that go on throughout the year in the TIE Network. Please check the TIE Network calendar for more upcoming regional events and webinars for TIE Network members.
Upcoming TIE Network Regional Events:
Thursday, November 15, 2007
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
TIE Network dinner in Atlanta during GaETC
Old Spaghetti Factory
249 Ponce de Leon Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30308
TIE Network members must RSVP online to reserve a seat since space is limited.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Columbus TIE Network All-day Event
The location has not been confirmed yet, but you can go ahead and reserve your space now. Please check the TIE Network calendar for more updates. TIE Network members must RSVP online to reserve a seat since space is limited.
Please take a moment to look at the opportunities above and RSVP only if you will be able to attend the event. Since these regional get-togethers are for TIE Network members, please apply for TIE Network membership before RSVPing for events. When you RSVP for an event, we are counting on your attendance and we have allocated funds for your participation.
Apply for TIE Network Membership:
1. Visit www.tienetwork.org.
2. Click on the Register link on the right-hand side of the page.
3. Enter the following information into the template provided:
First Name, Last Name, Username, E-mail, Password and Verified Password.
4. Click on the Zoomerang link at the bottom of the template to access the online TIE Network membership application.
5. After you submit your Zoomerang survey, you will receive a Zoomerang Code that you will enter into the website template in the Zoomerang Code field.
6. Submit your information by clicking on the Send Registration button.
You will be notified via e-mail when your TIE Network website account has been activated.
RSVP for TIE Network events:
1. Log into the TIE Network website at www.tienetwork.org.
2. Click on the "Links" tab in the green toolbar towards the top of the page.
3. Click on the "TIE Network Event RSVPs" link.
4. Locate the TIE Network Event link listed at the bottom of the page.
5. Click on the link you plan to attend.
6. Complete and submit the event RSVP online survey.