It's that time again - time to start planning for the Georgia Student Media Festival 2008! This is an amazing event that is designed to stimulate student interest and involvement in all types of media production. All students and schools K-12 are encouraged to participate!
Festival activities progress through three successive levels: building, system and state. Entries must be evaluated at each level and receive a superior rating in order to proceed to the next level. Private schools are responsible for contacting the public school system in their geographic area for information on system or state level judging.
Building and system festival locations will be determined by the schools and counties. The state student media festival will be held at Georgia Public Broadcasting on Friday, April 25, 2008.
Dates and Times Recommended for Festivals:
* Building (school) festival - recommended to be held prior to Friday, February 22, 2008 in order to have time to send winners on to the system festival.
* System (county) festival - recommended to be held prior to Friday, March 21, 2008 in order to have time to send winners on to the state festival.
* State festival -
o Registration database and contact information must be submitted to Joni Jones at Shoal Creek Elementary by e-mail before April 4, 2008. firstname.lastname@example.org
o Projects must arrive at the Clayton State University Library on or before April 11, 2008.
It's never too early to begin planning your media festival projects!
There will be three Media Festival related programs at COMO this year.
* Friday, October 19 at 8:00-8:50 A.M. - Georgia Student Media Festival Nominee Showcase. Stop by and see projects submitted to the International Student Media Festival.
* Friday, October 19 at 10:00-10:50 A.M. - 2008 Georgia Student Media Festival Update. See what's new in this year's festival!
* Friday, October 19 at 11:00-11:50 A.M. - 2008 Georgia Student Media Festival Judging Made Easy. Always wanted to judge at the Georgia Student Media Festival, but were afraid to? Stop by this session and learn the ins and outs to being a successful GSMF judge!
Visit www.gait-inc.org to find tips for great projects, GSMF 2008 forms, previous festival projects and further information about GSMF 2008.
For information about the Media Festival or if you have questions about conducting a local Media Festival contact:
Deborah Gray (678) 301-6428
Michelle Lenderman (478) 751-6770